3.10.11

Been neglecting (again) the blog for a (long) while, I make small selections of best collections from the Spring/Summer 2012 Fashion Weeks. Don't get it wrong, best is to me, the wearable yet edgy ones. I do not really throw myself on and on about cutting perfection or sublime materials that may be involved. I admire those who stick to the style and do not go overboard with excessive use of clothes. You know, sometimes simple is better ;)


Costume National
The colour sneak peaks combined with black and white really caught my eyes. Costume National is not a brand I have admired ever since, but this collection turns out brilliant! I love the strappy sandals and shoes, the lightness of the fabric, and the genius strap in the arms. All is not too over-the-top but still eye catching at the same time.


Isabel Marant
As one of the most-hailed brand in the fashion industry, this spring summer collection gives a tribal vibe in the Marant-way. What I really dig from the collection is the parka(!!) and of course the unexpected mix of patterns. I have to admit that I was skeptical at the first time since I do not really into all the Marant-hype but those (another) strappy sandals, genius knits, and structured jacket are a win.


Lanvin
Alber Elbaz always knows how to dress a woman. His collection this time is not really colourful as I expected (hint: SS 2011), but his signature cuts are still mind-blowing. The monochromatic palette and sheerness of femininity in every piece make Lanvin one top notch when women want to be elegant. I spot another strap on the ankles (I guess these will make a huge trend, won't they?) and similar sheer dress from the previous season. Not much of an innovation, but still loveable in many ways.


Theyskens' Theory
If I could choose to live in one designer's wardrobe for my next year Spring/Summer, Theyskens' Theory is THE one. With those faded jeans, creme blazers, knits, and pastel tops, dressing will be fun! The pieces are totally versatile, for day and night, feminine or boyish. I can picture myself playing with them mixing and matching with those junks in my closet (I WISH! :p)


Topshop Unique
The name "unique" after "Topshop" should signal you something about the brand. This Egypt-inspired collection is one of the creative-mind-tickling-in-a-good-way kind of collection. I totally love the unusual approach of dressing with the patterned dresses and touch of gold here and there (hint: the HAIR!). Shoes are also great, and metallic short shorts can give a more sassy touch to the sporty jacket. Nailed it, I should say.


images are from style.com

a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search