5.3.12

Reflecting back to two years ago when a silly me spent time around Paris trying to get my hands on everything in the Galleries de Lafayette and Sephora whilst forgetting tons of artistic and romantic architectural buildings of the city, I know now I should have done a better travelling next time. Enough about my babble (though still, I want to chill around vintage stores in Paris), the collections during its fall presentation are lovely and well thought. Here are some (un)expected colours I encountered within the creative glory of Balmain, Givenchy, Maiyet, Haider Ackermann, and one more designer (bonus!) at the end.

DUSTY PINK from Balmain
I know I complain a lot. A LOT. Few days ago when I saw Olivier Rousteing's concept for Balmain, I complained about its monotonous theme. I do not take my complain back, but still, I could care less. The fantastically crafted embellished dresses and jackets that were showcased in the fall fashion show are not something new from Balmain but the crowd out there (including me) still wow-ing over the signature. Then, these dusty pinks are personally the show highlights for me, with that beautiful leather jacket with printed pants (left) and the firmly structured jacket that replenishes similar print situation. Winner.  


OLIVE GREEN from Givenchy
The whole dark, rather chilling aura of Givenchy's fall show brings something else on the table. Tisci still maintains those boots from the pre-fall collection but thankfully he leaves the nose rings. Move on to these rare colours, I haven't really seen much green this season but these one look regal. The silk pants and blouses are shaped in such a simple yet tidy way, complemented perfectly with black pairings. Another key: the quilted (leather?) trousers. It is an amazing far-from-basic-boring staple piece I imagine I can pair with anything else in my closet. ANYTHING.


SOLID BLACK from Maiyet
Honestly I haven't acknowledged much of Maiyet, but this collection is quite something to note. The black pieces sold me. Capes are the new jackets but semi-cape jacket? Brilliant. I love how simple yet twisted the blouse-pants-jackets pairing, and with a rebellious ladylike silhouette (right) shown, I could not ask for better black. If money is not an issue, the Balmain stuffs and these two outfits will go straight away to my closet. They are the investment pieces.


HINTS OF METALLIC from Haider Ackermann
Origami-like cutting and sharp tailoring are parts of magic in Ackermann's presentation from time to time. This time though, what pitches are actually these metallic pants. They are great options for rebel chic look, for the girls and womans who destined to be sharp and pensive. The sharp jackets with cinched black belts are figure helper, I think, especially those who want to hide their hips and show their waist like me. *wink.


BONUS:
GRAPHICAL NEUTRALS from Kenzo
I know the title says "Colour Swoon" but what you see here are graphics. To my surprised I love this collection of Kenzo--it is very unexpected with various options from quirky to ladylike to graphic illusion. These two are the highs, with different prints that are joined by the neutral forces that results in quirky-tomboy mod. Pants are getting interesting this season and Kenzo has just confirmed it. 


a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search