11.6.12

,

RUNWAY MASHUP | Resort Story

Though I still ponder what Rousteing will infuse to Balmain for the resort collection, I hit the new post button pretty easily this time. Resort collection is the one I anticipate the most, the one without fuzzy runways and hoards of bloggers jamming the show. I somehow feel a sense of intimacy when a designer launches his/her resort line ups, simple, understated yet raw-ly edgy at the same time. They do restore my faith in dressing elegantly and effortlessly, as presented in these following looks I fall in love with (at the first time).

Architectural shape has taken the "spotlight" not so secretly, and the outerwear has transformed from the dark, earthy tone the past fall season to something a bit pale with brilliant cutting for our next summer. Proenza Schouler, as always, takes womanly silhouette a step further, while the BCBG number in the left side looks fancy enough for summer extravaganza (should you have any).


Geometric graphic in one covered outfit seems to be a solid choice for the sizzling summer. I wonder whether the designers prepare the clothes for rainy summer or simply are still smitten by the architectural wonder they are inspired with last fall. Picture these two jackets from Burberry and Suno worn with your shredded denim shorts and worn-out sneakers. I vote for yes.


I am the one who hinders myself from wearing the combination of black and white by infusing some colours to the overall look, but Theyskens' Theory and Proenza Schouler definitely has defined laid back chic in another dimension. Loose fit kinda puts the look together, makes me want to peruse the racks to find perfect black leather-y pants. :D


Fancy shorts are still in, yeay! I favor shorts because they are super easy to mix and as my quest to grab some printed shorts has not yet succeeded, guess I can still buy some time to proceed. BCBG and Band of Outsiders show some dreamy resort moves in these shorts. 


I'll keep an eye on Balmain and Givenchy now, until then lovelies! Pictures are, as always, from the prominent style.com.


a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search