25.9.12

,

HER FLAIR | Figuring It Out

I guess I would not start this post with any wisdom takes on my current life or whining on piling works, just pure thought and just the right admiration for a girl named Christine Centenera. She is the Fashion Editor of Harper's Bazaar Australia, being a regular of fashion weeks and street style snaps, full throttle in middle parted thick hair and being one of the most consistent dressers I have ever seen.


See, this is the case. Ms Centenera is clearly knowledgeable of "what's in" and what's hot," she reworks the whole trendy thingy and transform it to be more of hers. I guess the dark colour and mini skirt-ankle boots combo are her favourites, and she sticks it with. Gracefully.


Hence, the lesson learned here is that, we have to figure it out. Understanding our own body shapes and what colours compliment our skin complexion will certainly add to the elegantly flavoured dressing. Me, for instance, will simply opt for a slightly A-line mini skirt or straight cut jeans to handle my pear shaped bottoms. A utility blouse like what Christine wears on the other hand, suits every body type and thus deemed the safest. But ankle boots are not for everyone though I am eyeing on asymmetrical minis.


Lastly, a closer look on her coveted outfit above. I wish I can have that skirt and pull it off.


image sources (in no particular order, sorry the internet search is kinda not helpful this time): The Sartorialist, Stockholm Street Style, Jak and Jil, afterDRK


a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search