16.9.12

New York Fashion Week has ended, with few standout collections, and a little phenomenon I prefer to call technological effect.

First thing: I dropped my jaw (not literally ofc) once I saw the runway images of Proenza Schouler, something I have already been aware of, for their usual brilliance ideas and execution on the majestic runway. The finale that features clothes made with various photos printed and sewn together, creating abstract looking pieces, is apparently inspired by tumblr. One of the most hyped websites that allows the users to post, reblog, and love the pictures, stories, and music they like has been showcased in a non digital way by the designers duo, an utmost compliment for the front-liners in the world wide web.




Meanwhile as I was browsing drowsily before I hit the bed the other day, a video of Diane von Furstenberg's backstage through the Google's latest technology, Glass. I immediately fell for the concept the moment I saw it. The Glass looks minimalist and raw. I predict it will be that hippest, latest fashion accessory that kicks the experience even further. The designer's view, in this case Ms. von Furstenberg's, escalates the enjoyment of fashion week madness. Not to mention that some of the models also wore it on the runway, brings closer the runway coolness to the internet audience. I can only say it is major.



image source: style.com

To insert a comment here, being a tumblr user and an internet avid user in general myself, I love seeing how fashion and technology can go hand in hand. For years the designers have been trying to perfect their design as well as boosting their sales, with the role of internet is comprehensibly essential for their growth. Not to mention plenty of talented names out there enable the use of technology to form unimaginable design and print. I guess I will do further research on this and will let you know if anything goes interesting on my side... :)

a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search