20.10.11

, ,

Beauty: what's inside my makeup bag

Remember I did a “what’s inside your bag” post long time ago? Now, although you may not see my makeup bag with whole other junks in there, I show you just a peek to my regularly-used makeup. I am not a self-proclaimed makeup guru or makeup junkie, but as a “normal” girl, I do love makeup, with just the right amount. However, being a former student, I do not have any budget for purchasing makeup thus I would normally go with the drugstore products. So far, I find myself comfortable using them, although once I am able to spend more, YSL or Urban Decay sounds like a goal.
Face: Maybelline clear smooth BB Cream, Sephora base lisante smoothing primer, Bare Minerals matte SPF 15 powder foundation.
Eyes: Maybelline Magnum Volum Express mascara, Maybelline Volum Express waterproof mascara, Revlon ColorStay liquid eyeliner, Viva eyebrow pencil, Oriflame Visions mascara, Maybelline black eyeliner matic, La Tulipe eyeshadow.
Lips: Revlon SuperLustrous lipstick, Avon Living lipstick, Nivea Med Protection lipbalm, 2 Maybelline lipgloss (too lazy to check the type :-x), Oriflame Ultimate gloss.

You see tons of Maybelline products, which are good esp the BB cream and Volum Express mascara (the black one) yet I have just recently purchased the Magnum mascara and it turns out SUCKS. I guess it’s because of the gels instead of liquid inside the tube which cause the applicator way too sticky (ew). Other winner is Bare Minerals matte which covers my complexion really well (I like combining BB cream and this powder foundation since it gives nice dewy finish) and the Nivea Med Protection lipbalm since my lips are easily dry whenever I apply lipstick or lipgloss. 

I personally have passed the stage of wearing colourful eyeshadow and prefer to stick with neutral colours like brown, pink, white, and dark blue for smokey eyes (not pictured, too messy :p). I am currently looking for a nice eyeshadow palette to create smokey eyes, thinking of getting myself the NYX one. Anyway, here is a nice beauty tips post from Sea of Shoes she wrote for low maintenance girls, and a great guidance post from The Beauty Department regarding eyeliner use on the inside of waterline (YAY EYELINER). Enjoy! :)

a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search