8.12.11

I first stumbled upon the brand Reed Krakoff around three years ago, when someone in a blog that I read daily mentioned about a boxer bag. As the image wasn't so clear, I rushed to google it and enjoyed the stiff, sharp, intricate structure of the notable boxer bag from my room. From that moment, I am so determined that one day I will grab myself this edgy baby. Well, it was another story then until I read that Jane Aldrige, the eclectic blogger-turn-taste maker is December guest editor in Krakoff's website.It was a hype for me, imagining how she can pull off the tough Krakoff looks, yet the end result is simple yet immaculate.

Later when I was browsing through Reed Krakoff's Pre Fall 2012, I got excited I didn't precisely know why. How he put together such elegant, minimal pieces is something pretty much expected as his signature--however, the luxury yet effortless air in each piece remarks his advancement in being a ready-to-wear designer. 



The "cameo pink, vibrant green, and cordovan brown," the colour terms I borrow from style.com blend together in loose blouses, pants, structured blazers, and coats with neutral palette. Additionally, the uniform concept is well defined throughout the entire collection, as this is exactly how women should look during fall. With some leather accents, and right amount of sheerness, the collection does not offer an entirely new concept--but by strengthening the signature, the brand continues to set different bar for itself.


images are from style.com

a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search