14.12.11

Although Fall 2012 seems like around less than a year away (we still have Spring and Summer to enjoy in between), I find that the Pre-Fall collections this time offers something more than just a pre. The fact that many designers explore their inspiration further and articulate it really well throughout the collection excites me. My favourite collections are Thakoon and Helmut Lang, neither have I expected such a neat elaboration of the concept nor standout pieces, but these two have definitely won my heart.

Thakoon//Sweet
The designer comes up this time with sweet, warm tone that is well executed in each piece. I particularly love the wool (ball of wool?) accent on the pockets, skirt layers, and even jackets that makes them look so warm yet chic at the same time. The trench coats and blazers have simple, minimal structure with sweet little details, while Thakoon also sprays some lined prints on the dresses and coats, just the right amount. My favourite pieces will be the white shirt dress with cable knitted sleeves and pockets, and the cozy-looking mini skirt with wool layers. I can't wait to see the upcoming Fall collection following these sweet galore of coziness!





Helmut Lang//Badass
On another pole, duo Nicole and Michael Colovos come out with dark palettes that is the signature colour of the house. They acquire the inspiration from spider webs, how each species spins differently in such various intricate patterns. The translation comes out as prints on the tops, pants, and skirts, being accentuated with the cutting play. I can feel the contemporary yet classic aura for every look, and another reason why I love this collection is a pop of neon that twists the gloomy shades in an interesting way. My favourite pieces are the spider tops, neon pants, and that flowing skirt with high slit (!), as well as their signature pieces--structured blazers and jackets.



images are from Style.com

a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search