7.1.13


Whenever people talk about new year and their “bigger, better, bolder” resolution, I always tend to go the other way. Don’t get me wrong, I have gone through that phase before—times when I pray extensively with hopes on New Year’s Eve yet later I come up with passion and exuberance that do not last long. Now I think the only step that makes my sense is to step back and view my life as if it is a painting. Seeing it as a perfection while examining the flaws. Is this really an art I will appreciate at the latter stage or something I wish I could re-traced?


Putting things aside, this beautiful campaign from Maiyet (this is for fall 2012, nevertheless I personally think that the imagery here is timeless and ethereal) is perhaps most fitted to let our mind wander. Subtle colours, airy feeling, just the field and I. Time to take it slow this very new year, isn't it?





Not to mention that their Spring/Summer collection is no less beautiful. Everything seems to embody the perfect summer. Precise cutting with heavy tropical inspirations define something beyond dressing. Whatever it is, I love the fact that Maiyet women are approachable, down-to-earth, but still impeccably dressed. Their taste reminds you of home. I am hence officially a fan.




all images are from www.maiyet.com

a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search