22.1.13

I wonder whether now is the period to take a dive into Pre-Fall collections but I do it anyway. Fashion Week is around the corner again and I cannot help but feeling slightly overwhelmed. Seeing piling works for which I have slowly lost my appetite for is not a good experience afterwards. Fashion is not my happy tone right now, so what the fuck am I posting here? Read at your own risk.


I was casually browsing the regular style.com when I saw Lanvin's Pre Fall and drawn in it. No, I am not talking about the excessive animal print mixing, but rather the tendency of proportion play. I notice the balance the ruffled outerwear (left) and the symmetrical jacket (right) bring, which is brilliant. I would wear them in an instant. The overall silhouette is no longer about highlighting curves, but rather taking risks and improvising femininity.



Although I usually overlook Acne and Maison Martin Margiela for my incomprehension of their quirky take on fashion, lately I have been more and more into the kooky styling and brilliant tailoring they have. A more extreme proportion is exhibited in A-line jackets in Acne, while the muted tone in Margiela looks like a sublime way to get into Fall feeling. The extra large shape of Acne jackets is probably questioned at first, but much loved later. Won't you agree?


And I save the best for the last. Taken the Americana inspiration to a whole grungy, dark level, Ricardo Tisci at Givenchy proves that he is worthy (don't you all love a little rhyme now and then?). What surprises me, though, that he bundles what seems to be quilted boxy leather jacket around the waist. Even men have the proportion play, this time, it also offers an alternative on how to dress during warmer days. Should we feel so inclined?

images source: style.com, i-D online

a culture and style publication

a culture and style publication
liberate your mind!

Blog Archive

Search